About Pharmacy Technician Careers in Texas
A pharmacy technician education program teaches students to perform the duties of a pharmacy technician, including: calculations, measurement, book keeping, pharmacy law, medical, and pharmaceutical terminology. Some of these degree, certificate, or associate training classes provide career internships for on-the-job experience. Students with a firm grasp of mathematics, spelling, chemistry, and health education are usually accepted to these 2-year programs.
The pharmacy technician career is an excellent choice for those seeking employment in the health industry. While working under the supervision of the pharmacist, the pharmacy technician learns about customer interaction, patient service, data entry, insurance billing, and keeping track of expired medicines. With a pharmacy technician certification, he or he can earn more over time and eventually become a licensed pharmacist. The average salary for a Texas pharmacy technician is around $29,920 annually. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Pharmacy Tech Schools in Texas
Southern Careers Institute
Train for a Career the Texas Way
Southern Careers Institute has been an established Texas institution for more than 50 years, providing students with the professional skills necessary to start a career – and later advance – in their chosen field.
At SCI, we realize and embrace that each student is different. We do our best to understand every student’s needs and goals, and create individual plans of action for success. From the moment you first step foot on campus through graduation and beyond, we dedicate ourselves to helping you reach further than you ever thought possible.
Are you ready to move forward? Do you want more for yourself and your family?
Click here today, and let SCI help you unlock your true potential.
Choose from the following SCI certificate programs*:
- Business Accounting Specialist
- Business Administration Assistant
- HVAC Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician
At SCI, our instructors and career services staff focus on preparing you for a career after graduation. Your goals become our goals – we don’t succeed until you do.
Need more reasons to choose Southern Careers Institute? At SCI, you’ll have access to:
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Interactive, hands-on training for the real world
- Personalized attention from experienced instructors who know you by name and care about your success
- Externship and on-the-job training opportunities
- Career placement assistance
- Programs approved for VA funding
Join a Texas tradition rooted in success. Click here today to become a member of the SCI family!
Take your life in an exciting new direction with an education from Virginia College! Graduates of Virginia College can be confident in the skills and training that they’ve received because programs are designed for their success. Virginia College focuses on the needs of the job market of each industry, creating programs that meet the needs of students and future employees alike.
Virginia College provides the convenience of flexible class schedules with the benefits of small class sizes. Financial aid is available for those who qualify, helping open doors for everyone who wants to improve his or her education and opportunities!
Virginia College provides a number of choices in order to offer you the education that best fits your needs and goals, from diploma and associate degree programs to bachelor degree programs at some locations. Virginia College’s school of business management even offers graduate degrees at select campuses. Programs are also offered in a number of different fields, providing choices as varied as graphic design degrees or paralegal studies. Whether you’re interested in criminal justice schools or a cosmetology college, Virginia College has a choice that’s right for you!
Classes Start April 6, 2016!
Everest College offers you hands-on career education in some of America’s most established career fields. Benefits include:
- Programs that can be completed in as little as one year (when progressing at a normal rate), allowing you to get the training you need and into the work force as quickly as possible.
- Courses taught by instructors who are former industry professionals eager to provide you with practical insights into the subjects they teach.
- Flexible schedules designed to meet the needs of working adults and support systems designed to help you succeed both inside and outside the classroom.
- Career Services professionals who can help you find post-graduation employment opportunities in your area-a service you can access throughout your career.
- Everest is dedicated to your success today-and tomorrow!
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job