The task of physical therapists is to improve the health and physical fitness of their patients. They do this by restoring limb functions after an injury, surgery, or illness, improving mobility, and relieving pain. Physical therapists also work for alleviating the discomfort of patients of chronic diseases like lower back pain, cardiac problems, arthritis, cerebral palsy etc. and preventing the recurrence of pain associated with joint or muscle problems.
Because physical therapists have to deal with such a wide variety of patients, their profession requires strong interpersonal skills. They also require a good academic background and excellent record in the sciences. Hence, the coursework of the various online degree programs on physical therapy emphasize on various branches of science like anatomy, math, social science, biology, chemistry, and physics.
In the advanced stages of such online degree programs, the student must undertake a more detailed coursework with classes in biomechanics, neuro-anatomy, human growth and development, manifestations of disease, examination techniques, and therapeutic procedures. Thereafter, they need to do internships by observing practicing physical therapist.
For qualifying as a licensed professional physiotherapist, a student requires a Bachelor’s degree and has to pass the National Physical Therapy Examination. An Associate’s degree can be helpful for gaining the post of a physical therapy assistant while nothing short of a Master’s degree can be sufficient for students aspiring to become full-time physical therapists.
In addition to his degrees and certification, a physical therapist must be extremely understanding with his patients. He must maintain good physical fitness in order to demonstrate certain exercises that he wants to prescribe. Because of the greater life expectancy rate of the population, aging people need the help of physiotherapists after a stage in life when they no more respond to medicines. Hence, the career prospect for physical therapists is steeply on the rise.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor estimates the average income for a professional physiotherapist to be around $53,620 and $107,920 annually. As a physical therapy assistant, a candidate can earn near about $49,690. The demand for trained and licensed physiotherapists is high in rehabilitation centers, orthopedic centers and with individuals who regularly indulge in outdoor sports and activities and encounter injuries.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Baltimore School of Massage
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love… in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Baltimore School of Massage York Campus, that career can be yours.
Massage therapy is a flexible and rewarding career in which you not only take care of others – you also take care of yourself! You can work in a resort spa, cruise ship, medical office, sports clinic, destination spa, or a day spa close to home. You can even start your own private practice!
Why choose the Baltimore School of Massage York Campus?
- Graduate in as little as 7 1/2 months.
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Graduate with valuable hands-on experience in our student clinic.
- Career placement assistance is provided to all of our students and graduates.
- Day or evening classes are available.
- Our graduates work for many of the top spa industry employers in the nation.
5,000 New Job Opportunities Every Year!
The Baltimore School of Massage York Campus is part of the Steiner Education Group (SEG), which operates massage therapy schools and skin care schools at locations across the nation.
SEG’s National Career Services Department has developed a worldwide network of thousands of employers, which generates an average of more than 5,000 new job opportunities for SEG graduates each year!
Of course, your success ultimately depends on you. The Baltimore School of Massage York Campus cannot guarantee employment or salary. But our career services assistance starts when you are a student and does not stop even after you graduate. From your first job to your last in the industry – whether you need help tomorrow or ten years from now – we’re here to help you succeed.
The Steiner Advantage
The Steiner Education Group is a subsidiary of Steiner Leisure Limited, a global provider of spa services. Steiner Leisure Limited operates more than 175 spas and salons on cruise ships and at resorts worldwide. Steiner spas recruit from the Baltimore School of Massage York Campus.