To be a successful paralegal, a student needs organizational skills and legal assistant training. An online paralegal degree can help a student to learn the skills needed to provide legal services to clients . A paralegal also requires a clear understanding of terminology, procedures, and the ethical requirements of legal work. An online degree can empower students to work at private law firms, government agencies, bank legal departments, corporations, insurance companies, accounting firms, and real estate development or property-management firms.
There are some employers who are ready to train paralegals without a formal degree, but it is always better to have an associate’s degree. Having a bachelor degree would help the student further in completing the paralegal certification program online or on campus at a community college. A student can opt for courses like real estate, criminal justice and social service, depending upon the areas of interest. A paralegal degree can provide plenty of career options to a student, these opportunities are growing as more and more business, and corporations are employing paralegals and legal assistants.
If a student already possesses an associate or bachelor degree and he is seeking entry-level employment, the Pathway to Paralegal Certificate will provide a great boost to fulfill his professional goals. The certification Program is helpful to get familiar with the American legal system. In fact, students pursuing this course would learn to conduct legal research, appraise and evaluate legal sources.
Career and Salary Information
Recent reports from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics sounded really sweet to the ears of the paralegal community and aspiring paralegals because the employment projections through 2018 say that the employment opportunity in this sector will grow at a much faster rate. The other encouraging factor for aspiring students is that legal assistants and paralegals earned a median salary of $46,680 according to most recent reports.
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).