New York is located in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern regions of the United States and is the nation’s third most highly populated state. The state is bordered by New Jersey and Pennsylvania to the south, and Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont to the east. New York City, which is the largest city in the state and in the United States, is known for its history as a gateway for immigration to the United States and its status as a financial, cultural, transportation, and manufacturing center.
Featured New York Schools
At FORTIS, students are provided the skills and training needed to enter careers in industries that have employment opportunity over time. What industries you ask? FORTIS offers career education and training programs in the nursing, healthcare, medical, dental, business, information technology, skilled trades, massage and cosmetology career fields. That makes Fortis a post-secondary network of colleges and institutes with a wide variety of educational choices!
- Practical Nursing
- Business Administration/Marketing and Management
- Construction Management
- Massage Therapy
- Dental Assisting
- Professional Administrative Assistant
- Computer Career - Networking
- Medical Records
- Business Administration/Accounting
- Criminal Justice
- Medical Assistant
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Information Technology - AS
- Business Technologies Specialist - CERT
- Business Management - AS
- Advanced Paralegal Studies - AS
- Practical Nursing (PN) - CERT
- Administrative Assistant - CERT
- Accounting Systems Specialist - CERT
- Medical Office Assistant - CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant - CERT
- Paralegal Studies - CERT
- Massage Therapy - AS
- Massage Therapy - CERT
- Medical Assistant - AS
- Network Administration and Computer Security - CERT
- Office, Project, and Event Management - AS
- Cosmetology - CERT
- Early Childhood Education - CERT
- Practical Nurse (PN)
ASA College specializes in offering a superior value in higher education, with programs that balance traditional academic preparation with professional training and hands-on experience. 80% of Graduating Students get into the career field of their choice and many go on to advanced degrees!
- Office Administration & Technology
- Computer Support/Repair Specialist
- Network Administration & Security
- Health Information Technology
- PC Client/Server Programming
- Internet Client/Server Application Development
- Criminal Justice
- Office Technology and Administration
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Computer Programming and Information Technology
- Healthcare Office Administration
- Pharmacy Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Massage Therapy
- Executive Legal Assistant
- Medical Office Assisting with Medical Billing
Elmira Business Institute
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
Advantages offered by Elmira Business Institute include:
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Accelerated, career-centered training in a wide range of industries
- Flexible scheduling
- Tuition planning
- Lifetime career assistance
- Two convenient campus locations
Complete one of EBI’s Certificate Programs:
- General Business
- General Office Assistant
- Small Business Management
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Office Assistant
Earn your Associate Degree:
- Business Administration
- Office Technologies
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Reimbursement Specialist
EBI holds Accreditation through New York State Board of Regents, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
EBI is proud to support our country’s veterans and has been approved for veterans benefits.
- Associate - Medical Assisting
- Associate - Business Administration with Management
- Associate - Medical Billing and Reimbursement
- Certificate - Medical Assisting
- Associate - Accounting
- Associate - Business Administration with Finance
- Associate - Business Administration with Human Resources
- Certificate - General Business Accounting
- Associate - Office Technologies
- Certificate - General Office Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Billing and Coding
- Certificate - Small Business Management
- Certificate - Medical Office Assistant
Since 1946, Lincoln Tech has been helping students achieve professional success through personalized career support and hands-on, job-specific education. our in- depth training programs are designed to meet the changing needs of today’s tough job market, and cover a variety of fields, including: Health Sciences, Business and information Technology, Spa & Cosmetology, Automotive Technology, Welding, HVAC and Electrical.
What sets Lincoln Tech apart from other schools? Quite a few things, actually; our training programs emphasize experiential, interactive learning activities – that means you’ll do the job before you take the job. Plus, our Certificate, diploma and associate degree programs are designed to accelerate your entry into the job market by offering a shorter length of training, so you may be earning valuable on-the-job experience before many of your peers do.
But our strengths go beyond that. Our Lincoln instructors possess a combination of seasoned teaching skills, subject matter expertise and real world experience. Plus, we’ve built working partnerships with important industry contacts in your area. So when you graduate, we’ll help you find a good position and start your career off right.
When it comes to choosing a post-secondary educational institution, keep this in mind: our dedication to your success sets us apart from the competition – and the specialized, career-focused training you’ll receive at Lincoln will set you apart from yours. Lincoln Tech offers flexible daytime and evening programs to accommodate your busy schedule.
College of Westchester
Since 1915, The College of Westchester (CW) has focused on the career success of its students. CW’s academic programs are carefully designed to provide the skills and competencies most desired by employers. Our campus environment is highly personal and our culture centers on service to students. CW faculty is selected based on experience, credentials and a caring attitude to bring real world knowledge to the classroom. The College’s technologies and web-enhanced learning tools give students anywhere, anytime connectivity to courses, professors, classmates and services. The College of Westchester offers an exceptional experience that can lead to a lifetime of achievement and success.
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Accounting - Bachelor's
- Computer Network Administration - Associate
- Business Administration-Management/Marketing - Associate
- Health Care Administration - Bachelor's
- Medical Office Specialist - Certificate
- Health Information Management - Associate
- Digital Media - Associate
- Computer Networking Specialist - Certificate
- Medical Assistant Management - Associate
- Accounting - Associate
- Intensive Accounting/Computer Applications - Certificate
- Digital Media Specialist - Certificate
New York Career Institute
New York Career Institute provides a postsecondary educational experience designed to prepare students for productive careers in contemporary career fields. The programs of study provide students with a careful balance of the theoretical knowledge and practical skills deemed necessary by employers and educators in the related fields.
Central Career School
Through a combination of an excellent curriculum, professional instructors, hands-on training, and small classes, the school dedicates itself to helping prepare individuals for a career in medical billing by teaching marketable skills that will help them succeed. The goal of Central Career School is simple: To provide our students with an excellent career-oriented training program that will teach the skills needed to obtain employment after graduation. We will work hard to gain your respect as a school that is truly interested in helping you succeed.
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Cortiva Institute, that career can be yours.
Massage therapy is a flexible and rewarding career in which you not only take care of others – you also take care of yourself! You can work in a resort spa, cruise ship, medical office, sports clinic, destination spa, or a day spa close to home. You can even start your own private practice!
Automotive Training Center
Automotive Training Center is dedicated to delivering the highest quality education for students seeking to acquire the skills and knowledge required for employment in the fields of: Automotive, Collision and Diesel. Successful graduates will not only attain a high quality of knowledge of the theory underlying the technical systems they study, but will also demonstrate competence in the performance of required tasks through meaningful and relevant shop work.