About Medical Billing and Coding
Medical billing is the practice of submitting claims to private and government insurance companies, including Medicare, in order for doctors offices and hospitals to receive payment for medical and health care services.
There is a huge potential job market for qualified medical records technicians, and an online degree or certificate program will provide you with the skill set and expertise that will make you irresistible to prospective health care employers. Upon successful completion of the Medical Billing and Coding course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position doing medical billing or coding in a medical office setting and will be prepared to sit for the CCA national certification exam.
Medical billers are specialists in the medical billing process. Often they function as medical reimbursement consultants to medical practices to help them become more efficient in their cash flow. Medical billers also are proficient in financial analysis, workflow and utilization of software, collections, insurance claim submission and management, patient and electronic medical records (EMR) management, HIPAA compliance, health insurance rules, insurance fraud issues, networking, marketing, customer services and many other related areas.for careers in healthcare, business, and information technology.
Browse this directory of medical billing and coding schools in New Jersey to find the training program that meet your needs.
Featured New Jersey Medical Billing & Coding Schools
McCann School of Business & Technology
You’ll Love Our Flexible Program Options
Not everyone can devote an entire day to classwork. Some students work full- or part-time jobs while others have children and families to care for. We realize that life can be busy and hectic, so we developed flexible programs that allow students to attend classes at times that are convenient for them.
If you’re looking for flexible career programs, look no further than McCann. We can help you earn an ASB/AST Degree or Diploma without giving up your job or sacrificing time with your family.
- Electronic Health Records - Associate in Specialized Business
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
South University Online
Welcome to South University, delivering quality education and personalized attention to students since 1899. Our online degree programs are designed to provide you with the freedom to attend class any time – day or night – from anywhere you connect to the Internet. At South University, you are in control of your education.
- South University Online
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Healthcare Administration (MBA)
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Medical Assistant- Certificate
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate