Michigan is the home of the American auto industry and nestled between the great lakes. It is the only U.S. state be divided into 2 pieces, with the peninsula being separated by water from the main body of the state. Michigan students certainly have plenty of schools to choose from, as top ranked universities, community colleges, and career schools abound. Some students also elect to earn degrees online from accredited online universities.
Michigan is the 8th largest state by population in the US. It has the largest freshwater shoreline of anywhere in the world, as it is bordered by 4/5 of the Great Lakes. Michigan has nearly 65,000 lakes. In fact, you can’t even be in the state and be more the 6 miles from a natural water source, or more then 90 miles from the Great Lakes coastline.
Michigan is the only state to consist entirely of two peninsulas. The Lower Peninsula, to which the name Michigan was originally applied, is sometimes dubbed “the mitten,” owing to its shape. When asked where in Michigan one comes from, a resident of the Lower Peninsula may often point to the corresponding part of his or her hand. The Upper Peninsula (often referred to as The U.P.) is separated from the Lower Peninsula by the Straits of Mackinac, a five-mile (8 km)-wide channel that joins Lake Huron to Lake Michigan. The Upper Peninsula is economically important for tourism and natural resources.
Featured Michigan Schools
Dorsey Schools are postsecondary institutions that provide short term comprehensive training to prepare students for promising career opportunities in fields such as cosmetology, culinary arts, healthcare and skilled trades.
Today Dorsey is proudly represented by thousands of successful graduates working in their chosen careers throughout Michigan, because employers know they can feel confident hiring a Dorsey graduate.
Dorsey Schools has one main mission: to better educate their students, thus improving career opportunities available to them. This is why the entire staff of Dorsey Schools strives to prepare men and women for the best possible career training in a variety of fields. Each program at Dorsey Schools is committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement – enabling the development of self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline and confidence in each graduate, coupled with an obligation to the communities where they live and work.
The goal of accreditation is to ensure that education provided by institutions of higher education, like Dorsey Schools, meets or exceeds an acceptable level of quality. Dorsey Schools is proud to have achieved accreditation through the following:
Dorsey School of Beauty in Taylor is institutionally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) and holds initial approval to receive institutional accreditation from the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). All other campus locations are institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
The Culinary Arts program, available at the Roseville and Waterford-Pontiac campuses, is accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation’s (ACFEF) Accrediting Commission.
Select Dorsey Schools programs are approved for training under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, the Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB), and the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program at the following campuses: Farmington Hills, Madison Heights, Roseville, Dearborn, Lansing, Saginaw, Southgate, Taylor, Waterford-Pontiac and Wayne-Westland. “The GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”
Programs vary by campus.
Taylortown School of Beauty operates as Dorsey Schools and/or Dorsey School of Beauty (Taylor Campus location).
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities provides postsecondary education programs that prepare students for careers in some of America’s fastest growing industries, including health care, business and technology. Everest takes a very personal approach to career education, offering small classes, intimate work groups and support systems designed to help students succeed both inside and outside the classroom. Even after students graduate, Everest’s Career Services department is there to provide ongoing career coaching and help locating local employment opportunities. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Career Quest Learning Centers
Are you ready to make a change in your life? Do you want to enhance your current skill set to advance in your career? Career Quest Learning Centers is ready to help you reach your professional goals! We can provide you with career training programs, instructors, and student services, but taking the first step starts with you!
Career Quest Learning Centers’ career training programs are designed for motivated and focused students just like you! We offer short-term, flexible programs, all of which are in a blended format so school can fit into your busy lifestyle. An education from Career Quest Learning Centers can equip you with career-ready skills in less time than you may think. In fact, many of our programs can be completed in just three weeks while other programs may take longer but can still be completed in less than a year.
We offer career training in the following fields:
- Information Technology
Take a look at the drop down menu on the form to learn about all degree options within these fields!
At Career Quest Learning Centers, we’re focused on your needs as a student. Our instructors work with you through hands-on learning experiences and simulated workplace situations. You may also benefit from our career advisors who work with you to help create your resume, organize a portfolio, and practice for interviews. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
Learn more about furthering your education with Career Quest Learning Centers. We have locations in Jackson and Lansing, Michigan. Contact us today!
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020. Our unique approach includes:
- Listening to and meeting the needs of employers and CEOs of major companies.
- Preparing students with a real-world, career-focused curriculum.
- Immersing students in our Excellence System, which promotes lifelong learning and equips students with the competencies they need for their chosen profession.
At Davenport, we want to be renowned nationally and internationally as a quality institution of higher education. By understanding the market better than anyone, we believe our students will get where the world is going.
- Marketing, GRC
- International Business, BBA
- Management, BBA
- Marketing, BBA
- Information Assurance, MSIA
- Master of Business Administration, MBA
- Human Resource Management, GRC
- Human Resource Management Certificate, PB
- Internal Auditing, GRC
- Master of Management, MM
- Managerial Accounting, GRC
- Computer Information Systems , BS
- Medical Case Management Certificate, PB
- Medical Case Management, BS
- Master of Science in Technology Management, MS
- Master of Science in Data Analytics, MS
- Technology Project Management, BS
- Master of Science in Technology Management, MS
- Nursing Completion Program, BS
- Risk Management and Insurance Certificate, PB
- Strategic Management, GRC
- Sustainable Business Development Certificate, PB
- Computer Information Systems, AAS
- Nursing, MSN
- Accounting, BBA
- Health Information Technology (HIT), AAS
- Business Administration, ABA
- Family Nurse Practitioner, PG Cert
- Cyber Defense, BS
- Family Nurse Practitioner, MSN
- Master of Accountancy
- Health Care Management, GRC
- Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics, GRC
- Human Resource Management, BBA
- Health Informatics and Information Management, MS
- Accounting Fraud Investigation, BBA
- Finance, GRC
- Accounting, BBA
- Competency-Based Master of Business Administration, MBA
- Finance, BBA
- Database Systems and Programming, BS
- Computer Science, BS
- Global Project Management Certificate, PB
- Forensic Accounting, GRC
- Health Services Administration, BS
- General Business, BBA
- Health Information Management, BS
Sullivan University Online
Sullivan University is Kentucky’s largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you’re a high school student considering college, or someone seeking professional development, you’ll be surprised at the alternatives Sullivan University offers. Our streamlined programs are designed to fit into your lifestyle. With online course offerings, we work around your busy schedule to help you find a flexible plan that suits you. We offer everything from certificates and diplomas to advanced degrees so you can find a program that fits. For over 50 years, Sullivan has prepared students for lifelong success. Our course offerings have continually evolved to meet the practical needs of the business world, and our work continues with unlimited employment assistance to help graduates find jobs nationwide. Find out what makes Sullivan the right fit for you!
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Marketing
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- Associate - Business Management
- Associate-Information Technology
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Finance
- Bachelor - Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Logistics and Supply Chain Management Concentration
- Bachelor - Human Resource Leadership
- Bachelor of Science-Accounting
- Associate - Marketing & Sales Management
- Certificate - Medical Coding
- Associate - Accounting
- Certificate - Cyber Security
- Associate - Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Associate - Justice and Public Safety Administration
- Bachelor - Nursing (BSN)
- Certificate - Cyber Security Administration
- Associate of Science in Logistics and Transportation Management
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Business Studies
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Education Specialist in Instructional Design & Technology
- PhD in Educational Leadership
- Graduate Business Certificate in Management & Leadership
- Graduate Business Certificate in Health Services Management
- Master of Business Administration: Information Security Management
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Master of Science in Management
- PhD in Psychology
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership
- PhD in Instructional Design & Technology
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Education: College Administration
- Master of Business Administration: Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology
- Master of Business Administration: Health Services Management
- Master of Science in Education: Leadership
- Master of Business Administration: Marketing
- Master of Business Administration: Leadership
- Master of Business Administration: International Business
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration: Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration: Intl. Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration: Human Resources
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration: Finance
- Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Services Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Arts in Paralegal Studies
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Education
- Associate of Arts in Accounting
- Master of Science in Education: Teaching & Learning
Miller-Motte College Online
At MMC, we focus on offering the latest courses, and we care about the personal success of each and every one of our students. Because the marketplace demands it, we offer degrees and diplomas leading to long-term sustainable careers for our grads.
MMC’s purpose is to improve the quality of life for the region it serves by developing a competent and educated workforce for career positions in demand.
- Paralegal - Associate of Applied Science
- Accounting - Associate of Applied Science
- Business Administration - Bachelor of Science
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Criminal Justice - Associate of Applied Science
- Electronic Medical Records - Associate of Applied Science
- Microcomputer Applications - Associate of Applied Science
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor of Science
Fortis Online hybrid medical programs offer students the best of all worlds: the convenience and flexibility of online classes while still enjoying the community and support of a campus setting. Online learning also gives students the opportunity to build valuable computer skills that support success in the workplace. The physical classroom at which the student will complete on-campus coursework is located at a Fortis College or Institute with which our school has a consortium agreement. The specific location of the on-campus classroom is determined in collaboration with the student during the Admissions process.
FORTIS Online proudly supports members of the United States Armed Forces and their spouses. We offer several benefits to service members while pursuing their advanced education programs.
Proud Member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium.
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Ashland University values the individual student and offers an education that combines challenging academic programs with a faculty and staff who care about building nurturing relationships with their students. This approach to educating the whole person provides unparalleled opportunities for students to learn, grow, and find their place in the world.
Don’t settle for ordinary when selecting a college or university, but instead, seek out a higher education institution where you will grow and be stretched to accomplish the extraordinary. Join Ashland University, a university where extraordinary happens. You won’t be disappointed.
Please fill out the form on this page for additional information.
Ashland University is a mid-sized, private, non-profit university accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Ashland University is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and is authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents to grant associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. Individual programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, the National Association of Schools of Music, the American Association of Theological Schools, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, the Council on Social Work Education, the American Chemical Society, the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
Ashland University, which has been ranked in the top 200 colleges and universities in U.S. News and World Report’s National Universities category, is a mid-sized, private, accredited non-profit university conveniently located a short distance from Akron, Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio.