Michigan is the home of the American auto industry and nestled between the great lakes. It is the only U.S. state be divided into 2 pieces, with the peninsula being separated by water from the main body of the state. Michigan students certainly have plenty of schools to choose from, as top ranked universities, community colleges, and career schools abound. Some students also elect to earn degrees online from accredited online universities.
Michigan is the 8th largest state by population in the US. It has the largest freshwater shoreline of anywhere in the world, as it is bordered by 4/5 of the Great Lakes. Michigan has nearly 65,000 lakes. In fact, you can’t even be in the state and be more the 6 miles from a natural water source, or more then 90 miles from the Great Lakes coastline.
Michigan is the only state to consist entirely of two peninsulas. The Lower Peninsula, to which the name Michigan was originally applied, is sometimes dubbed “the mitten,” owing to its shape. When asked where in Michigan one comes from, a resident of the Lower Peninsula may often point to the corresponding part of his or her hand. The Upper Peninsula (often referred to as The U.P.) is separated from the Lower Peninsula by the Straits of Mackinac, a five-mile (8 km)-wide channel that joins Lake Huron to Lake Michigan. The Upper Peninsula is economically important for tourism and natural resources.
Featured Michigan Schools
Dorsey Schools are postsecondary institutions that provide short term comprehensive training to prepare students for promising career opportunities in fields such as cosmetology, culinary arts, healthcare and skilled trades.
Today Dorsey is proudly represented by thousands of successful graduates working in their chosen careers throughout Michigan, because employers know they can feel confident hiring a Dorsey graduate.
Dorsey Schools has one main mission: to better educate their students, thus improving career opportunities available to them. This is why the entire staff of Dorsey Schools strives to prepare men and women for the best possible career training in a variety of fields. Each program at Dorsey Schools is committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement – enabling the development of self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline and confidence in each graduate, coupled with an obligation to the communities where they live and work.
The goal of accreditation is to ensure that education provided by institutions of higher education, like Dorsey Schools, meets or exceeds an acceptable level of quality. Dorsey Schools is proud to have achieved accreditation through the following:
Dorsey School of Beauty in Taylor is institutionally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) and holds initial approval to receive institutional accreditation from the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). All other campus locations are institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
The Culinary Arts program, available at the Roseville and Waterford-Pontiac campuses, is accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation’s (ACFEF) Accrediting Commission.
Select Dorsey Schools programs are approved for training under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, the Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB), and the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program at the following campuses: Farmington Hills, Madison Heights, Roseville, Dearborn, Lansing, Saginaw, Southgate, Taylor, Waterford-Pontiac and Wayne-Westland. “The GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”
Programs vary by campus.
Taylortown School of Beauty operates as Dorsey Schools and/or Dorsey School of Beauty (Taylor Campus location).
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities provides postsecondary education programs that prepare students for careers in some of America’s fastest growing industries, including health care, business and technology. Everest takes a very personal approach to career education, offering small classes, intimate work groups and support systems designed to help students succeed both inside and outside the classroom. Even after students graduate, Everest’s Career Services department is there to provide ongoing career coaching and help locating local employment opportunities. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Career Quest Learning Centers
Are you ready to make a change in your life? Do you want to enhance your current skill set to advance in your career? Career Quest Learning Centers is ready to help you reach your professional goals! We can provide you with career training programs, instructors, and student services, but taking the first step starts with you!
Career Quest Learning Centers’ career training programs are designed for motivated and focused students just like you! We offer short-term, flexible programs, all of which are in a blended format so school can fit into your busy lifestyle. An education from Career Quest Learning Centers can equip you with career-ready skills in less time than you may think. In fact, many of our programs can be completed in just three weeks while other programs may take longer but can still be completed in less than a year.
We offer career training in the following fields:
- Information Technology
Take a look at the drop down menu on the form to learn about all degree options within these fields!
At Career Quest Learning Centers, we’re focused on your needs as a student. Our instructors work with you through hands-on learning experiences and simulated workplace situations. You may also benefit from our career advisors who work with you to help create your resume, organize a portfolio, and practice for interviews. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
Learn more about furthering your education with Career Quest Learning Centers. We have locations in Jackson and Lansing, Michigan. Contact us today!
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020. Our unique approach includes:
- Listening to and meeting the needs of employers and CEOs of major companies.
- Preparing students with a real-world, career-focused curriculum.
- Immersing students in our Excellence System, which promotes lifelong learning and equips students with the competencies they need for their chosen profession.
At Davenport, we want to be renowned nationally and internationally as a quality institution of higher education. By understanding the market better than anyone, we believe our students will get where the world is going.
- Computer Information Systems , BS
- Health Services Administration, BS
- Medical Case Management Certificate, PB
- Master of Science in Data Analytics, MS
- Finance, GRC
- Accounting Fraud Investigation, BBA
- Accounting, BBA
- Competency-Based Master of Business Administration, MBA
- Finance, BBA
- Database Systems and Programming, BS
- Computer Science, BS
- Global Project Management Certificate, PB
- Forensic Accounting, GRC
- Master of Science in Technology Management, MS
- Technology Project Management, BS
- Master of Accountancy
- Nursing, MSN
- Master of Science in Technology Management, MS
- Computer Information Systems, AAS
- Cyber Defense, BS
- Sustainable Business Development Certificate, PB
- Family Nurse Practitioner, MSN
- Health Care Management, GRC
- Accounting, BBA
- Health Information Technology (HIT), AAS
- Risk Management and Insurance Certificate, PB
- Family Nurse Practitioner, PG Cert
- Strategic Management, GRC
- Business Administration, ABA
- Nursing Completion Program, BS
- Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics, GRC
- Managerial Accounting, GRC
- General Business, BBA
- Marketing, GRC
- Medical Case Management, BS
- Master of Business Administration, MBA
- Master of Management, MM
- Marketing, BBA
- Internal Auditing, GRC
- Human Resource Management, GRC
- Management, BBA
- International Business, BBA
- Human Resource Management Certificate, PB
- Information Assurance, MSIA
- Human Resource Management, BBA
- Health Informatics and Information Management, MS
- Health Information Management, BS
Sullivan University Online
Sullivan University is Kentucky’s largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you’re a high school student considering college, or someone seeking professional development, you’ll be surprised at the alternatives Sullivan University offers. Our streamlined programs are designed to fit into your lifestyle. With online course offerings, we work around your busy schedule to help you find a flexible plan that suits you. We offer everything from certificates and diplomas to advanced degrees so you can find a program that fits. For over 50 years, Sullivan has prepared students for lifelong success. Our course offerings have continually evolved to meet the practical needs of the business world, and our work continues with unlimited employment assistance to help graduates find jobs nationwide. Find out what makes Sullivan the right fit for you!
- Associate - Accounting
- Certificate - Medical Coding
- Bachelor of Science-Accounting
- Bachelor - Human Resource Leadership
- Associate - Marketing & Sales Management
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Finance
- Bachelor - Hospitality Management
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Marketing
- Certificate - Cyber Security
- Associate - Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Associate - Justice and Public Safety Administration
- Bachelor - Nursing (BSN)
- Certificate - Cyber Security Administration
- Associate of Science in Logistics and Transportation Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Logistics and Supply Chain Management Concentration
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Business Studies
- Associate - Business Management
- Associate-Information Technology
Keiser University Graduate School
Grow, lead, succeed – with an online graduate degree
Keiser University Graduate School provides student-centered, quality career education that enables you to make an immediate contribution to your profession. For over 35 years, Keiser University’s commitment to excellence has led to success for our graduates. Our unique combination of a strong curriculum rich in relevant courses for today’s workforce and our students-first approach provides an outstanding academic experience. Become part of a caring, learning environment, whether online or on campus, led by experienced faculty who bring you real-world challenges and solutions.
- Master of Science in Management
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Doctor of Health Science
- Joint Master of Science in Education - Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Health Services Management
- Master of Science in Education - College Administration
- Master of Science in Education - Leadership
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Education
- PhD in Instructional Design and Technology
- Master of Science in Education - Teaching and Learning
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Leadership
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Marketing
- PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision
- PhD in Educational Leadership
- Master of Science in Psychology
- PhD in Curriculum and Instruction
- Masters of Science in Education - Online Teaching and Learning
- Graduate Business Certificate in Management and Leadership
- Master of Accountancy with concentrations in General Accounting and Forensic Accounting
- Graduate Business Certificate in Health Services Management
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Education Specialist in Instructional Design and Technology
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership
- Masters of Science in Education - Allied Health Teaching and Learning
- PhD in Psychology
- Master of Science in Organizational Psychology
Fortis Online hybrid medical programs offer students the best of all worlds: the convenience and flexibility of online classes while still enjoying the community and support of a campus setting. Online learning also gives students the opportunity to build valuable computer skills that support success in the workplace. The physical classroom at which the student will complete on-campus coursework is located at a Fortis College or Institute with which our school has a consortium agreement. The specific location of the on-campus classroom is determined in collaboration with the student during the Admissions process.
FORTIS Online proudly supports members of the United States Armed Forces and their spouses. We offer several benefits to service members while pursuing their advanced education programs.
Proud Member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium.
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University
Online – Now Enrolling!
Grand Canyon University’s reputation for academic excellence has been built over decades; our strengths are what set us apart from our competition.
Founded in 1949, we are a university with a rich history of academic excellence, but with our continued growth and expansion, we are also pioneers in delivering private, Christian education in an affordable way.
As we continue to build upon our rich history, having a strong image helps us convey our strengths, our uniqueness and the spirit of our institution.
GCU offers online based degree programs within a dynamic learning environment for both traditional students as well as working professionals:
- Business and Management
- Nursing and Health Care
- Teaching and School Administration
- Psychology and Counseling
- Theology and Ministry
- Performing Arts and Creative Design
- Medical Studies and Athletic Sciences
- Criminal, Political and Social Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Language and Communications
Our courses are appropriately sized for each content area and offer engaging interaction with classmates as well as individual attention from instructors who care about your success.
GCU is also experiencing an exciting time of campus expansion new dorms, classrooms, a student recreation center, food court and bowling alley. The main attraction is GCU’s new 7,000-seat Arena that is home to our men’s and women’s basketball teams and also hosts other events such as concerts and world-renowned Christian speakers.
As a regionally accredited university, GCU is consistently ranked among top colleges offering online courses by noteworthy sources including Fortune Small Business, Online Education Database (OEDb) and more.
Grand Canyon University has been accredited by The Higher Learning Commission continually, since 1968. Grand Canyon University obtained its most recent 10-year reaccreditation in 2007. The Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education licenses Grand Canyon University in Arizona.
Talk to a helpful admissions advisor by filling out the form today!
In addition, the university has obtained the following specialized accreditations and approvals for our core program offerings: Accreditation Council Business Schools and Programs, Arizona State Board of Education, Arizona Department of Education, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education. For a full report on all accreditation information, please click here. For program disclosures, please click here.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 S. LaSalle St., Suite 7-500
Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411
Our Lady of the Lake
Our Lady of the Lake College offers you an accelerated RN to BSN program at an affordable tuition rate. Providing generous transfer credit through evaluation, Our Lady of the Lake College is affiliated with the Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical center and thereby, offers the degree programs that today’s hospitals and health systems are most demanding. Our Lady of the Lake College is committed to preparing you for a rewarding career after completing your BSN. This is achieved by implementing highly qualified instructors who have actively worked in the fields in which they teach, offering you their “real-world experience”; perspective.
Our Lady of the Lake College’s online programs aim to prepare future leaders to effectively serve in the healthcare sector, and hone leadership qualities unique to the Registered Nurse.
Top six reasons to choose the RN to BSN program with Our Lady of the Lake College:
- Convenience and Flexibility – 100% online classes which fit into your busy schedule
- Quality Academics – regional accreditation and world-renowned faculty
- Affordable Tuition – federal funding, corporate tuition assistance, and military benefits are accepted.
- Ground Campus Foundation – A century of expertise in developing academic offerings. You can even walk at graduation!
- Excellent Support Services – Faculty, student, career, and help desk support are all available.
- Regional Accreditation – Our Lady of the Lake College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees.
GlobalHealth Education, an educational services company, has worked closely with Our Lady of the Lake College to expand its online programs. As you take this next step, please know that the student advocate team at GlobalHealth Education is here to help you along the way.