About MichiganMichigan is the 8th largest state by population in the US. It has the largest freshwater shoreline of anywhere in the world, as it is bordered by 4/5 of the Great Lakes. Michigan has nearly 65,000 lakes. In fact, you can’t even be in the state and be more the 6 miles from a natural water source, or more then 90 miles from the Great Lakes coastline. Michigan is the only state to consist entirely of two peninsulas. The Lower Peninsula, to which the name Michigan was originally applied, is sometimes dubbed “the mitten,” owing to its shape. When asked where in Michigan one comes from, a resident of the Lower Peninsula may often point to the corresponding part of his or her hand. The Upper Peninsula (often referred to as The U.P.) is separated from the Lower Peninsula by the Straits of Mackinac, a five-mile (8 km)-wide channel that joins Lake Huron to Lake Michigan. The Upper Peninsula is economically important for tourism and natural resources.
Featured Michigan Schools
Dorsey Schools are postsecondary institutions that provide short term comprehensive training to prepare students for promising career opportunities in fields such as cosmetology, culinary arts, healthcare and skilled trades.
Today Dorsey is proudly represented by thousands of successful graduates working in their chosen careers throughout Michigan, because employers know they can feel confident hiring a Dorsey graduate.
Dorsey Schools has one main mission: to better educate their students, thus improving career opportunities available to them. This is why the entire staff of Dorsey Schools strives to prepare men and women for the best possible career training in a variety of fields. Each program at Dorsey Schools is committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement – enabling the development of self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline and confidence in each graduate, coupled with an obligation to the communities where they live and work.
The goal of accreditation is to ensure that education provided by institutions of higher education, like Dorsey Schools, meets or exceeds an acceptable level of quality. Dorsey Schools is proud to have achieved accreditation through the following:
Dorsey School of Beauty in Taylor is institutionally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) and holds initial approval to receive institutional accreditation from the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). All other campus locations are institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
The Culinary Arts program, available at the Roseville and Waterford-Pontiac campuses, is accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation’s (ACFEF) Accrediting Commission.
Select Dorsey Schools programs are approved for training under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, the Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB), and the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program at the following campuses: Farmington Hills, Madison Heights, Roseville, Dearborn, Lansing, Saginaw, Southgate, Taylor, Waterford-Pontiac and Wayne-Westland. “The GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”
Programs vary by campus.
Taylortown School of Beauty operates as Dorsey Schools and/or Dorsey School of Beauty (Taylor Campus location).
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
- Madison Heights Campus
- Waterford-Pontiac Campus
- Saginaw Campus
- Medical Administration And Billing
- Medical Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Patient Care Technician
- Culinary Arts
- Pharmacy Technician
Sullivan University Online
Sullivan University is Kentucky’s largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you’re a high school student considering college, or someone seeking professional development, you’ll be surprised at the alternatives Sullivan University offers. Our streamlined programs are designed to fit into your lifestyle. With online course offerings, we work around your busy schedule to help you find a flexible plan that suits you. We offer everything from certificates and diplomas to advanced degrees so you can find a program that fits. For over 50 years, Sullivan has prepared students for lifelong success. Our course offerings have continually evolved to meet the practical needs of the business world, and our work continues with unlimited employment assistance to help graduates find jobs nationwide. Find out what makes Sullivan the right fit for you!
- Sullivan University Online
- Bachelor-Health Information Management
- Associate-Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Business Studies
- Associates-Health Information Management
- Associate of Science in Logistics and Transportation Management
- Certificate - Cyber Security Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Logistics and Supply Chain Management Concentration
- Associate - Justice and Public Safety Administration
- Associate - Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Bachelor - Nursing (BSN)
- Certificate - Medical Coding
- Associate - Marketing & Sales Management
- Certificate - Cyber Security
- Bachelor - Hospitality Management
- Associate - Business Management
- Bachelor - Human Resource Leadership
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Finance
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Marketing
- Bachelor of Science-Accounting
- Associate - Accounting
Keiser University Graduate School
Grow, lead, succeed – with an online graduate degree
Keiser University Graduate School provides student-centered, quality career education that enables you to make an immediate contribution to your profession. For over 35 years, Keiser University’s commitment to excellence has led to success for our graduates. Our unique combination of a strong curriculum rich in relevant courses for today’s workforce and our students-first approach provides an outstanding academic experience. Become part of a caring, learning environment, whether online or on campus, led by experienced faculty who bring you real-world challenges and solutions.
- Keiser University Graduate School
- Master of Science in Management
- PhD in Educational Leadership
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision
- Joint Master of Science in Education - Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Health Science
- Master of Science in Organizational Psychology
- PhD in Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Master of Accountancy with concentrations in General Accounting and Forensic Accounting
- Masters of Science in Education - Online Teaching and Learning
- Masters of Science in Education - Allied Health Teaching and Learning
- PhD in Psychology
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology
- Graduate Business Certificate in Health Services Management
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership
- Education Specialist in Instructional Design and Technology
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Graduate Business Certificate in Management and Leadership
- PhD in Instructional Design and Technology
- Master of Science in Education - College Administration
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Health Services Management
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- Master of Science in Education - Teaching and Learning
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Education
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Leadership
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business
- Master of Science in Education - Leadership
Fortis Online hybrid medical programs offer students the best of all worlds: the convenience and flexibility of online classes while still enjoying the community and support of a campus setting. Online learning also gives students the opportunity to build valuable computer skills that support success in the workplace. The physical classroom at which the student will complete on-campus coursework is located at a Fortis College or Institute with which our school has a consortium agreement. The specific location of the on-campus classroom is determined in collaboration with the student during the Admissions process.
FORTIS Online proudly supports members of the United States Armed Forces and their spouses. We offer several benefits to service members while pursuing their advanced education programs.
Proud Member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium.
- FORTIS Online - Business
- Associates in Business Management - Accounting
- Associates in Internet Marketing
- Associates in Business Management - Human Resource Management
- Associates in Business Management
Ashland University values the individual student and offers an education that combines challenging academic programs with a faculty and staff who care about building nurturing relationships with their students. This approach to educating the whole person provides unparalleled opportunities for students to learn, grow, and find their place in the world.
Don’t settle for ordinary when selecting a college or university, but instead, seek out a higher education institution where you will grow and be stretched to accomplish the extraordinary. Join Ashland University, a university where extraordinary happens. You won’t be disappointed.
Please fill out the form on this page for additional information.
Ashland University is a mid-sized, private, non-profit university accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Ashland University is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and is authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents to grant associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. Individual programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, the National Association of Schools of Music, the American Association of Theological Schools, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, the Council on Social Work Education, the American Chemical Society, the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
Ashland University, which has been ranked in the top 200 colleges and universities in U.S. News and World Report’s National Universities category, is a mid-sized, private, accredited non-profit university conveniently located a short distance from Akron, Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio.
- RNBSN (Online)
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician - Certificate
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
Blue Cliff College
Online programs to fit your schedule.
You’ve expressed interest in Blue Cliff College before, now we have online programs to better fit your busy lifestyle. Enroll now!
Reasons to attend Blue Cliff College Online:
Programs – We have the career-focused educational programs you need to get started in a career you’ll love.
Career Services – Students at Blue Cliff College are eligible for Blue Cliff’s outstanding career services assistance. We’re committed to getting you on the road to career success.
Educators – Our instructors include career professionals who provide real-world training to our students. You’ll learn from people who work in the career of your dreams.
Freedom – With an education from Blue Cliff in the career you’ve dreamed of, you’ll be on your way to career freedom – why not get started now?
- Health Information-Medical Billing and Coding
Bryan University Online
Bryan University has a proven track record of successfully preparing graduates for over 70 years. Through hands-on, student-centered learning experiences, coupled with individualized support, Bryan students graduate with practical, productive skills that lead directly to high-demand professional careers. Unlike traditional institutions, Bryan also offers job placement assistance and lifetime refresher courses to ensure its graduates remain competitive for many years to come. Bryan enjoys a position within the higher education spectrum that is unique, respected, enviable and worthy of emulation.
Seize the opportunities in this growing industry.
With an estimated 71,200 job openings through the year 2024, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to choose a career path, such as:
- Certified Medical Biller and Coder – assign codes to patient records using ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codebooks for different diagnoses and medical procedures for in-patient and out-patient settings.
- Medical Office Administrator – responsible to keep the healthcare organization running smoothly and efficiently by directing and coordinating operations.
- Medical Records Technician – work to organize, monitor, update and maintain healthcare providers’ electronic medical records.
- Medical Secretary – maintain medical records, charts, correspondence, case history, reports, and insurance documents, among other duties.
- Insurance Claims Analyst – review insurance policy to determine coverage, prepare insurance claim forms, calculate claim amounts, and transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
Preparing now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
Diverse Work Settings
With a degree in Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records, gain the skills to be job-ready. Find yourself working with healthcare organizations such as:
- Ambulatory Care Settings
- Physician Offices
- Health Information Vendors
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Insurance Companies
- Behavioral Health Settings
- College Health Settings
At Bryan University, we give you a clear pathway, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.
- Associate Degree in Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records