About Massage Therapy Careers
Massage therapy is part of the field of alternative medicine, an umbrella term for healing practices that draw on more traditional and holistic, rather than scientific or technological, approaches to medicine. Massage therapy training programs vary in content and focus, but they have in common a desire to promote the long-term healing of the entire body as a whole rather than treating symptoms individually.
As massage therapy and other forms of alternative medicine gain a reputation for positive results on everything from back pain to cancer, the field is seeing ever-growing popularity. More and more patients are now seeking out massage therapy practitioners to either supplement or replace Western medicinal methods.
Other Recognized Forms of Alternative Medicine
Here is a list of practices presently recognized as alternative medicine with definitions informed by the Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine:
- Acupuncture – A thousand year old healing practice that reinvigorates health through stimulation, usually applied with thin metallic needles, of specific pulse points on the body.
- Ayurvedic Medicine – One of the oldest forms of medicine in the world, Ayurveda is similar to Naturopathy in its prescription of lifestyle changes and heavy reliance on herbs, plants, and oils to cleanse the body.
- Homeopathy – A form of alternative therapy created in Germany that promotes healing through low dose administration of naturally occurring herbs and plants.
- Massage Therapy – Manipulation of the muscular structure to promote healing and general well-being. This ancient practice is one of the more popular alternative methods currently practiced.
- Naturopathy – A form of treatment that prescribes an individualized lifestyle plan for every patient, which may include everything from dietary changes to hydrotherapy and herbal supplements.
- Yoga – A combination of physical postures and breathing exercises meant to attain a state of relaxation or meditation.
The goal of all alternative medicine disciplines is to achieve a healthy balance between mind and body. As a result, many of the above practices complement each other as forms of treatment. Some practitioners choose to focus specifically on one method, although it is possible to specialize in one or more. It may expand your client base to offer a varied skill set.
Featured Massage Therapy Degree Programs
A Rewarding Career in Massage Therapy Starts Here… Classes Start Soon
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Cortiva Institute, that career can be yours.
Massage therapy is a flexible and rewarding career in which you not only take care of others – you also take care of yourself. You can work in a resort spa, cruise ship, medical office, sports clinic, destination spa, or a day spa close to home. You can even start your own private practice.
Why choose the Cortiva Institute York Campus?
- A diploma in as little as 7 1/2 months
- Convenient Day and Night classes that fit your life
- 1,000s of jobs available across the country
- Support in finding a career that gives you joy
- Accomplished instructors and faculty to guide your development
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
Thousands of New Job Opportunities Every Year
Cortiva’s National Career Services Department has developed a worldwide network of thousands of employers, which generates an average of more than 5,000 new job opportunities nationwide for Cortiva graduates each year!
Of course, your success ultimately depends on you. The Cortiva Institute cannot guarantee employment or salary. But our career services assistance starts when you are a student and does not stop even after you graduate. From your first job to your last in the industry – whether you need help tomorrow or ten years from now – we’re here to help you succeed.
York Campus (formerly Baltimore School of Massage York Campus)
170 Red Rock Road
York, PA 17406
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy
The Center For Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy Offers:
- Full-time and Part-time Classes
- Hands-On Training in multiple modalities of bodywork
- Experienced and Dedicated Faculty
- Innovative and Cutting-edge Curriculum
- Financial Aid for those who qualify
- Scholarship and Grant Opportunities
- LIFETIME Career Placement Services
The Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy is the perfect place to start training for your massage therapy career.
Request information today! Your future is in your hands!
The Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy has been training talented, caring and successful Massage Therapists since 1999. All programs are in compliance with current New York State Education Department requirements. The Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage is proud to be named a School of Distinction by the national accrediting agency, the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges. This award recognizes schools that have demonstrated a commitment to delivering quality educational programs to the students, graduates and employers.
Through a comprehensive program of study which carefully balances the art and science of therapeutic massage the program strives to enrich the lives of its students. By empowering students with knowledge and understanding of the human body, they will be able to speak intelligently and professionally to their clients and other health care practitioners about the importance of massage therapy in preventive and palliative care.
CNW Offers Full Time and Part Time programs in the following formats:
- 9 Month Full-Time program meets 4 days per week, beginning each February and September.
- 12 Month Full-Time program meets 3 to 4 times per week, beginning in June.
- Part-Time Morning program meets 5 mornings per week and one Saturday per month, beginning each February and September (14 Months).
- Part-Time Evening program meets 3 evenings per week and one or two Saturdays per month, beginning each March and October (21 Months).
3 Cerone Commercial Drive
Albany, NY 12205
- Massage Therapy
Since 1946, Lincoln Tech has been helping students achieve professional success through personalized career support and hands-on, job-specific education. Our in-depth training programs are designed to meet the changing needs of today’s tough job market, and cover a variety of fields, including: Health Sciences, Information Technology, Spa & Cosmetology, Automotive Technology, Welding, HVAC and Electrical.
What sets Lincoln Tech apart from other schools? Quite a few things, actually; our training programs emphasize experiential, interactive learning activities – that means you’ll do the job before you take the job. Plus, our Certificate, Diploma and Associate degree programs are designed to accelerate your entry into the job market by offering a shorter length of training, so you may be earning valuable on-the-job experience before many of your peers do.
But our strengths go beyond that. Our Lincoln instructors possess a combination of seasoned teaching skills, subject matter expertise and real world experience. Plus, we’ve built working partnerships with important industry contacts in your area. So when you graduate, we’ll help you find a good position and start your career off right.
When it comes to choosing a post-secondary educational institution, keep this in mind: our dedication to your success sets us apart from the competition – and the specialized, career-focused training you’ll receive at Lincoln will set you apart from yours. Lincoln Tech offers flexible daytime and evening programs to accommodate your busy schedule. Financial aid is available for those who qualify and Career Placement assistance is available upon graduation.
- Massage Therapy