About LouisianaLouisiana can be found in the southern United States. The capitol city is Baton Rouge and the biggest is New Orleans. Louisiana is the only state divided into parishes rather than counties. The largest parish is Jefferson Parish, and the largest by land area is Cameron Parish.
Featured Louisiana Schools
McCann School of Business and Technology
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) will help you choose your ideal career before you get started and assist with real-world employment after you’re done with school. We have a wide range of resources to help you every step of the way.
In today’s world, it makes sense to spend less time in the classroom, and more time earning a salary. McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) can help you start your new career in as little as 18-24 months.
If you’re worried that you can’t afford an education, think again. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. We will work with you to explore the financial aid options available to help you complete your degree.
The path to a bright future and a new career is easy – complete the form to learn more about McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann)
- Allentown, PA
- Hazleton, PA
- Lewisburg, PA
- Monroe, LA
- Pottsville, PA
- Shreveport, LA
- Wilkes-Barre, PA
McCann School of Business was founded by Louis C. McCann in 1897 in Mahanoy City, Pennsylvania, as a school of accountancy and secretarial training. Louis McCann’s sons, Dwight and Charles, entered the field and held administrative positions at the school and its additional locations. After the death of Dwight McCann in 1956, Dorothy Houser began serving as director. In 1959, Ms. Houser purchased the school in partnership with her husband, Harry D. Houser.
In 1981, James and Elizabeth Noone purchased the school from the Housers and McCann Education Centers, Inc. was formed. In 1995, the school opened an additional location in Pottsville, Pennsylvania to provide a better service and quality of education to residents of southern Schuykill County. A third campus of McCann commenced operations in September, 1998, in downtown Sunbury, Northumberland County.
In August 2002, McCann Educational Centers Inc. was acquired by the company now known as Delta Career Education Corporation headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The Scranton campus opened in 2003 and relocated to Dickson City, Lackawanna County, in 2008. The original Mahanoy City campus relocated to Hazleton in 2005, and in 2009 the school opened additional locations in Carlisle, Pennsylvania and Allentown, Pennsylvania. In 2010, the Pottsville campus opened an additional location in Macon, Georgia and in 2011 opened an additional location in Gulfport, MI. The Macon and Gulfport campuses are named Miller-Motte Technical College. They share the name of the Miller-Motte family of schools, also owned by Delta Career Education Corporation. In early 2012, an additional location of McCann was opened in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
In 2012, McCann School of Business & Technology merged with Miami-Jacobs Career College and the Academy of Court Reporting. Pottsville remains the main campus and additional locations were acquired, as a result of the merger, in Dayton, Springboro, Troy, Columbus, Sharonville and Independence Ohio. All of the acquired schools share the name Miami-Jacobs Career College.
Request more information now!
Programs may vary by campus.
This school is regulated as a commercial motor carrier by the US DOT and their respective state agency: PADOE and LBOR. It takes fewer than 300 hours to complete this program; therefore it is not eligible for Title IV funding. This program is not within the scope of ACICS Accreditation.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Occupational Studies
- Cosmetology - Diploma
- Paralegal - Associate of Occupational Studies
- IT Support Specialist - Associate of Occupational Studies
- Business Administration - Associate in Occupational Studies
- Surgical Technology - Associate in Occupational Studies
- Medical Office Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Criminal Justice - Associate in Occupational Studies
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
- Penn Foster Career School Campus Online
- Home Remodeling and Repair
- Security Guard
- Home Health Aide
- Guest Service Agent
- Home Inspector
- Residential Electrician
- Hotel/Restaurant Management
- Certified Wedding Planner
- Child Care Professional
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Occupational Therapy Aide
- Medical Transcriptionist
- PC Maintenance & Repair
- Dental Assistant
Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University
Online – Now Enrolling!
Grand Canyon University’s reputation for academic excellence has been built over decades; our strengths are what set us apart from our competition.
Founded in 1949, we are a university with a rich history of academic excellence, but with our continued growth and expansion, we are also pioneers in delivering private, Christian education in an affordable way.
As we continue to build upon our rich history, having a strong image helps us convey our strengths, our uniqueness and the spirit of our institution.
GCU offers online based degree programs within a dynamic learning environment for both traditional students as well as working professionals:
- Business and Management
- Nursing and Health Care
- Teaching and School Administration
- Psychology and Counseling
- Theology and Ministry
- Performing Arts and Creative Design
- Medical Studies and Athletic Sciences
- Criminal, Political and Social Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Language and Communications
Our courses are appropriately sized for each content area and offer engaging interaction with classmates as well as individual attention from instructors who care about your success.
GCU is also experiencing an exciting time of campus expansion new dorms, classrooms, a student recreation center, food court and bowling alley. The main attraction is GCU’s new 7,000-seat Arena that is home to our men’s and women’s basketball teams and also hosts other events such as concerts and world-renowned Christian speakers.
As a regionally accredited university, GCU is consistently ranked among top colleges offering online courses by noteworthy sources including Fortune Small Business, Online Education Database (OEDb) and more.
Grand Canyon University has been accredited by The Higher Learning Commission continually, since 1968. Grand Canyon University obtained its most recent 10-year reaccreditation in 2007. The Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education licenses Grand Canyon University in Arizona.
Talk to a helpful admissions advisor by filling out the form today!
In addition, the university has obtained the following specialized accreditations and approvals for our core program offerings: Accreditation Council Business Schools and Programs, Arizona State Board of Education, Arizona Department of Education, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education. For a full report on all accreditation information, please click here. For program disclosures, please click here.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 S. LaSalle St., Suite 7-500
Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and is approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding