About Pharmacy Technician Careers
A pharmacy technician program trains students to perform the duties of a pharmacy tech, which include: calculations, techniques, record keeping, pharmacy law, medical, and pharmaceutical terminology. Some of these diploma, certificate, or associate training programs provide career internships to provide on-the-job experience. Students with a firm grasp of mathematics, spelling, chemistry, and health education are usually accepted to these 2-year programs.
The pharmacy technician career is an excellent choice for those seeking employment in the health industry. While working under the supervision of the pharmacist, the pharmacy technician learns about customer interaction, patient service, data entry, insurance billing, and keeping track of expired medicines. With a pharmacy technician certification, he or he can earn more over time and eventually become a licensed pharmacist. The average salary for a Californian pharmacy technician is around $37,280 annually. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Use our directory of pharmacy technician colleges and training programs in CA to find the school that fits your needs
Featured California Pharmacy Tech Schools
Welcome to Carrington College – The Starting Point for Health Care Careers.
With roots that date back more than 45 years, Carrington College has helped to shape the careers of tens of thousands of students as they prepare to enter health care professions. Part of DeVry Education Group, Carrington College operates 18 campuses across 8 Western states through a broad range of programs that lead to certificates of achievement or associate degrees in medical, dental, administrative and veterinary fields.
Carrington College’s career-focused curriculum is designed to prepare students for entry level positions in their fields of study. Along with academic preparation and skills training, Carrington College students gain core institutional student learning outcomes in critical thinking, information management, and technical literacy. But it doesn’t end there. Personal and professional development, communication skills, respect, and responsibility are also emphasized throughout their education at Carrington College.
Students, faculty, and administrative staff at Carrington College are encouraged to pursue and achieve their highest potential. We strive for excellence and quality in everything we do and instill in our students the same aspirations. In doing so, we’re confident that our graduates will be prepared to begin working in the health care field and ready to meet the needs of patients.
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).