California is the most populous U.S. state. Its four largest cities are Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, and San Francisco. It is known for its varied climate and diverse population. California is the third-largest U.S. state by land area after Alaska and Texas. Its geography ranges from the Pacific coast to the Sierra Nevada mountain range in the east, to Mojave desert areas in the southeast and the Redwood-Douglas fir forests of the northwest.
Find subject specific programs in California:
Featured California Schools
Find out where the future can take you with an outstanding college education. At Platt College, you’ll find the career-specific programs and training for the careers you really want. Come explore a variety of career paths that fit your lifestyle in a positive learning environment that combines real-world experience with small, private college instruction. Classes are conveniently scheduled during morning or evening hours to work around outside employment commitments. For working adults, Platt’s curriculum offers a way to continue earning a living while studying for a new career.
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Certificate in Veterinary Technology Alternate Route
- Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Visual Communications 2D Print
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Graphic Design
- Bachelor or Arts in Visual Communications Interactive/Web Specialization
- Bachelor of Arts in Visual Communications 3D Animation/Video Specialization
- Associate of Arts in Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Paralegal Studies
- Associate of Arts Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science; Medical Administrative Specialist
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound)
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound)
- Associate of Science in Veterinary Technology
- Certificate in Software Development Coding
- Associate of Arts in Information Technology
- Associate of Science in Health and Fitness Training
- Associate of Science in Business Management
Welcome to Carrington College – The Starting Point for Health Care Careers.
With roots that date back more than 45 years, Carrington College has helped to shape the careers of tens of thousands of students as they prepare to enter health care professions. Part of DeVry Education Group, Carrington College operates 18 campuses across 8 Western states through a broad range of programs that lead to certificates of achievement or associate degrees in medical, dental, administrative and veterinary fields.
Carrington College’s career-focused curriculum is designed to prepare students for entry level positions in their fields of study. Along with academic preparation and skills training, Carrington College students gain core institutional student learning outcomes in critical thinking, information management, and technical literacy. But it doesn’t end there. Personal and professional development, communication skills, respect, and responsibility are also emphasized throughout their education at Carrington College.
Students, faculty, and administrative staff at Carrington College are encouraged to pursue and achieve their highest potential. We strive for excellence and quality in everything we do and instill in our students the same aspirations. In doing so, we’re confident that our graduates will be prepared to begin working in the health care field and ready to meet the needs of patients.
San Joaquin Valley College
San Joaquin Valley College – A Private Junior College.
SJVC is committed to our students’ and graduates’ personal and professional success.
Our curriculum is designed from the ground up to equip you with the skills that matter most to today’s employers. The quality of our career education programs – from course development to interactive instruction – is validated by our accreditation and approvals.
Ask one of our 25,000+ graduates about their SJVC experience and they’ll likely describe it as a life change – not just a step forward in their career development. When we get that type of positive feedback, we know we’re doing things right.
Financial aid is available to qualified students in the form of federal grants, loans, work-study, scholarships and institutional payment plans.
San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at www.accjc.org.
SJVC is a private institution and is approved to operate as an accredited institution by the California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Approval to operate means that SJVC has been found in compliance with the standards set forth in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (California Education Code, Title 3, Division 10, Part 59, Chapter 8) and Title 5, Division 7.5 – Private Postsecondary Education of the California Code of Regulations.
Any questions that a student may have regarding the college catalog and/or catalog supplement that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at:
P.O. Box 980818
West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95833
Toll free (888) 370-7589
- Degree - Respiratory Therapy
- Certificate - Business Administration (Accounting)
- Degree - Business Administration (Accounting)
- Degree - Pharmacy Technology
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Office
- Certificate - Dental Assistant
- Degree - Business Administration (Management)
- Degree - Medical Assistant
- Degree - Medical Office
- Certificate - Business Administration (Management)
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technology
- Certificate - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Degree - Criminal Justice: Corrections
- Degree - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Certificate - Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Degree - Computer Systems Administration
- Degree - Veterinary Technology
- Degree - Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Certificate - Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Degree - Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Degree - Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Degree - Construction Management
At Brightwood College, we offer accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience focused on helping you gain skills for your chosen career.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Within the classroom, it is our mission to not only provide vocational training, but to help you develop the professional skills, values, attitudes and strategies that will enhance your potential for success on campus, in your career and through life.
The success of our students is our greatest success. Because when our students succeed, we’ve completed the job we set out to do: empower the courageous, and enable real and relevant change.
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter our school, to graduation and beyond, we are right by your side. Our mission is to prepare students for employment by providing industry-relevant education and training within a positive, supportive and caring environment.
Whether it’s a career in the healthcare field, computers or business, UEI College is here to help. Our quality hands-on training will prepare you for real world situations.
Every member of our faculty and staff works hard to pass on their real-world knowledge and provide tools their students can use to excel in their chosen field and carry that knowledge on well past their time at UEI College. Many of our programs can be completed in as little as 8 – 9 months.*
Need help finding a job? Our career services department will assist you with your search, your resume and your interview skills. Need help paying for school? Our student financial services department will determine if you qualify for financial aid or even scholarships!
If you don’t have your High School Diploma, ask us about your options! As a student in one of our eligible career pathway programs, you’ll have the opportunity to earn your High School Diploma while you complete your career training! Best of all, the opportunity to complete high school is available to you at no additional cost!**
Our schools are accredited and ready to get you started on your path to success.
At UEI College, “We put U First.” ™
**Not all programs are eligible.
Not all programs available at all locations.
*Timing varies by program. UEI – Huntington Park, Anaheim, Chula Vista, El Monte, Encino, Ontario, San Marcos, Stockton, and Morrow are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACC
Bryan University Los Angeles
Bryan University was founded in 1940 as a court reporting college and has grown into the largest school of this kind in the U.S. For more than 70 years, we have been helping students achieve success in their academic and career endeavors. Our mission is to challenge the boundaries of traditional education and liberate the innate greatness in people. During the most recent accreditation year, Bryan University was designated an Honor Roll Institution by ACICS.
Advanced Training Associates
It is the everyday goal of ATA to assist individuals in learning new skills and/or enhancing previously obtained skills, through continuing education or vocational education. ATA also provides customized military education programs to a variety of armed forces branches and major corporations from across America. If you are not able to come to us, we will bring the education to you. ATA is fully equipped to travel and teach at your location. In San Diego, we are in the Military Spouse Advancement Initiative.
- Telecommunications Installation and Service Repair Technology
- Electronics Service and Repair Technology
- Electronics Technician
- Information Systems Technology
- Fiber Optics
- Associate of Applied Science Medical Assistant
- Computer Networking
- Associate of Applied Technology Information Systems & Communication Technology
- Medical Assistant
Sullivan University Online
Sullivan University is Kentucky’s largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you’re a high school student considering college, or someone seeking professional development, you’ll be surprised at the alternatives Sullivan University offers. Our streamlined programs are designed to fit into your lifestyle. With online course offerings, we work around your busy schedule to help you find a flexible plan that suits you. We offer everything from certificates and diplomas to advanced degrees so you can find a program that fits. For over 50 years, Sullivan has prepared students for lifelong success. Our course offerings have continually evolved to meet the practical needs of the business world, and our work continues with unlimited employment assistance to help graduates find jobs nationwide. Find out what makes Sullivan the right fit for you!
- Associate - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Business Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Logistics and Supply Chain Management Concentration
- Associate-Information Technology
- Certificate - Cyber Security Administration
- Bachelor - Nursing (BSN)
- Associate of Science in Logistics and Transportation Management
- Associate - Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Certificate - Cyber Security
- Associate - Justice and Public Safety Administration
- Associate - Marketing & Sales Management
- Bachelor - Human Resource Leadership
- Certificate - Medical Coding
- Associate - Business Management
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Marketing
- Bachelor - Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science-Accounting
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Finance
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Healthcare Management
Keiser University Graduate School
Grow, lead, succeed – with an online graduate degree
Keiser University Graduate School provides student-centered, quality career education that enables you to make an immediate contribution to your profession. For over 35 years, Keiser University’s commitment to excellence has led to success for our graduates. Our unique combination of a strong curriculum rich in relevant courses for today’s workforce and our students-first approach provides an outstanding academic experience. Become part of a caring, learning environment, whether online or on campus, led by experienced faculty who bring you real-world challenges and solutions.
- Education Specialist in Instructional Design and Technology
- PhD in Psychology
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership
- PhD in Educational Leadership
- Graduate Business Certificate in Health Services Management
- Graduate Business Certificate in Management and Leadership
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Health Services Management
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- Master of Science in Education - Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Education - College Administration
- Master of Science in Education - Leadership
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Leadership
- Master of Science in Psychology
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Education
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Master of Accountancy with concentrations in General Accounting and Forensic Accounting
- Masters of Science in Education - Allied Health Teaching and Learning
- Masters of Science in Education - Online Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Organizational Psychology
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- PhD in Curriculum and Instruction
- PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Joint Master of Science in Education - Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- PhD in Instructional Design and Technology
- Doctor of Health Science
Already have your Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy?
Earn your Bachelor’s Degree in as little as 15 months!
Platt College’s Respiratory Therapy Bachelor’s degree completion program is designed to help students with an Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy:
- Advance as Respiratory Care practitioners
- Prepare to move into administrative or managerial responsibilities in their departments
For those focused on improving their knowledge as Respiratory Care practitioners, our curriculum includes coursework in advanced topics in Respiratory Therapy critical care including:
- Pharmacological and ventilator management of the critically ill patient
- Patient stabilization
- Patient transport
- Disaster preparedness
- Introduction to research techniques
For students seeking to advance into an administrative or management position in the health care setting, our curriculum includes coursework to help:
- Gain familiarity with the U.S. healthcare system
- Improve communication, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Develop a solid foundation in business fundamentals
Students also complete a capstone project designed to synthesize the knowledge gained in the program. Each student will propose and conduct an evidence-based project focusing on management in the health care setting. Examples from past graduates include:
- Development of clinical protocols
- Concurrent audits of patient care
- Development of capital budgets
- Development and presentation of in-service programs