Featured California Schools
Find out where the future can take you with an outstanding college education. At Platt College, you’ll find the career-specific programs and training for the careers you really want. Come explore a variety of career paths that fit your lifestyle in a positive learning environment that combines real-world experience with small, private college instruction. Classes are conveniently scheduled during morning or evening hours to work around outside employment commitments. For working adults, Platt’s curriculum offers a way to continue earning a living while studying for a new career.
- Los Angeles
- Associate of Science in Veterinary Technology
- Associate of Science in Health and Fitness Training
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science; Medical Administrative Specialist
- Associate of Arts Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Paralegal Studies
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound)
- Associate of Science in Business Management
- Certificate in Software Development Coding
- Associate of Arts in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Visual Communications 2D Print
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound)
- Bachelor of Arts in Visual Communications 3D Animation/Video Specialization
- Bachelor or Arts in Visual Communications Interactive/Web Specialization
- Bachelor of Arts in Paralegal Studies
- Associate of Arts in Graphic Design
- Associate of Science in Vocational Nursing (LVN)
- Certificate in Veterinary Technology Alternate Route
At Brightwood College, we offer accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience focused on helping you gain skills for your chosen career.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Within the classroom, it is our mission to not only provide vocational training, but to help you develop the professional skills, values, attitudes and strategies that will enhance your potential for success on campus, in your career and through life.
The success of our students is our greatest success. Because when our students succeed, we’ve completed the job we set out to do: empower the courageous, and enable real and relevant change.
- Palm Springs
- San Diego
- Chula Vista
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Vocational Nursing
- Healthcare Assistant
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
- X-Ray Technician/Back Office Medical Assistant
- Holistic Health Practitioner
- Patient Care Technician
- Therapy Health Technician
- Respiratory Care - Associates
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter our school, to graduation and beyond, we are right by your side. Our mission is to prepare students for employment by providing industry-relevant education and training within a positive, supportive and caring environment.
Whether it’s a career in the healthcare field, computers or business, UEI College is here to help. Our quality hands-on training will prepare you for real world situations.
Every member of our faculty and staff works hard to pass on their real-world knowledge and provide tools their students can use to excel in their chosen field and carry that knowledge on well past their time at UEI College. Many of our programs can be completed in as little as 8 – 9 months.*
Need help finding a job? Our career services department will assist you with your search, your resume and your interview skills. Need help paying for school? Our student financial services department will determine if you qualify for financial aid or even scholarships!
If you don’t have your High School Diploma, ask us about your options! As a student in one of our eligible career pathway programs, you’ll have the opportunity to earn your High School Diploma while you complete your career training! Best of all, the opportunity to complete high school is available to you at no additional cost!**
Our schools are accredited and ready to get you started on your path to success.
At UEI College, “We put U First.” ™
**Not all programs are eligible.
Not all programs available at all locations.
*Timing varies by program. UEI – Huntington Park, Anaheim, Chula Vista, El Monte, Encino, Ontario, San Marcos, Stockton, and Morrow are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACC
- San Marcos
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Business Office Administration
- Computer Systems Technician
- Medical Assistant
- HVAC Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Criminal Justice
Charter College is a private, independent institution of higher education that follows a new direction. Charter College is neither a liberal arts college, a university, nor a vocational school. Instead, Charter College borrows certain elements from each of those respected educational institutions to create a unique and innovative experience for our students.
We offer career training programs in the growing fields of health care, business, law, criminal justice, information technology, and select trade careers. We strive to provide our students with a career-focused education that is both relevant in today’s workspace and cutting-edge in technology and focus.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Veterinary Assistant
Advanced Training Associates
It is the everyday goal of ATA to assist individuals in learning new skills and/or enhancing previously obtained skills, through continuing education or vocational education. ATA also provides customized military education programs to a variety of armed forces branches and major corporations from across America. If you are not able to come to us, we will bring the education to you. ATA is fully equipped to travel and teach at your location. In San Diego, we are in the Military Spouse Advancement Initiative.
- El Cajon
- Associate of Applied Science Medical Assistant
- Electronics Service and Repair Technology
- Electronics Technician
- Associate of Applied Technology Information Systems & Communication Technology
- Information Systems Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Telecommunications Installation and Service Repair Technology
- Computer Networking
- Fiber Optics
Keiser University Graduate School
Grow, lead, succeed – with an online graduate degree
Keiser University Graduate School provides student-centered, quality career education that enables you to make an immediate contribution to your profession. For over 35 years, Keiser University’s commitment to excellence has led to success for our graduates. Our unique combination of a strong curriculum rich in relevant courses for today’s workforce and our students-first approach provides an outstanding academic experience. Become part of a caring, learning environment, whether online or on campus, led by experienced faculty who bring you real-world challenges and solutions.
- Keiser University Graduate School
- Master of Science in Psychology
- PhD in Psychology
- Master of Science in Education - College Administration
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Master of Science in Education - Leadership
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Health Services Management
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Graduate Business Certificate in Management and Leadership
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Joint Master of Science in Education - Master of Business Administration
- Education Specialist in Instructional Design and Technology
- Doctor of Health Science
- Doctor of Business Administration
- PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision
- Master of Business Administration
- PhD in Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Leadership
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership
- Master of Science in Organizational Psychology
- Graduate Business Certificate in Health Services Management
- Masters of Science in Education - Online Teaching and Learning
- PhD in Educational Leadership
- Masters of Science in Education - Allied Health Teaching and Learning
- PhD in Instructional Design and Technology
- Master of Accountancy with concentrations in General Accounting and Forensic Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Master of Science in Education
- Master of Science in Education - Teaching and Learning
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Marketing
Already have your Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy?
Earn your Bachelor’s Degree in as little as 15 months!
Platt College’s Respiratory Therapy Bachelor’s degree completion program is designed to help students with an Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy:
- Advance as Respiratory Care practitioners
- Prepare to move into administrative or managerial responsibilities in their departments
For those focused on improving their knowledge as Respiratory Care practitioners, our curriculum includes coursework in advanced topics in Respiratory Therapy critical care including:
- Pharmacological and ventilator management of the critically ill patient
- Patient stabilization
- Patient transport
- Disaster preparedness
- Introduction to research techniques
For students seeking to advance into an administrative or management position in the health care setting, our curriculum includes coursework to help:
- Gain familiarity with the U.S. healthcare system
- Improve communication, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Develop a solid foundation in business fundamentals
Students also complete a capstone project designed to synthesize the knowledge gained in the program. Each student will propose and conduct an evidence-based project focusing on management in the health care setting. Examples from past graduates include:
- Development of clinical protocols
- Concurrent audits of patient care
- Development of capital budgets
- Development and presentation of in-service programs
- Respiratory Therapy
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician - Certificate
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
Our Lady of the Lake
Our Lady of the Lake College offers you an accelerated RN to BSN program at an affordable tuition rate. Providing generous transfer credit through evaluation, Our Lady of the Lake College is affiliated with the Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical center and thereby, offers the degree programs that today’s hospitals and health systems are most demanding. Our Lady of the Lake College is committed to preparing you for a rewarding career after completing your BSN. This is achieved by implementing highly qualified instructors who have actively worked in the fields in which they teach, offering you their “real-world experience”; perspective.
Our Lady of the Lake College’s online programs aim to prepare future leaders to effectively serve in the healthcare sector, and hone leadership qualities unique to the Registered Nurse.
Top six reasons to choose the RN to BSN program with Our Lady of the Lake College:
- Convenience and Flexibility – 100% online classes which fit into your busy schedule
- Quality Academics – regional accreditation and world-renowned faculty
- Affordable Tuition – federal funding, corporate tuition assistance, and military benefits are accepted.
- Ground Campus Foundation – A century of expertise in developing academic offerings. You can even walk at graduation!
- Excellent Support Services – Faculty, student, career, and help desk support are all available.
- Regional Accreditation – Our Lady of the Lake College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees.
GlobalHealth Education, an educational services company, has worked closely with Our Lady of the Lake College to expand its online programs. As you take this next step, please know that the student advocate team at GlobalHealth Education is here to help you along the way.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Bryan University Online
Bryan University has a proven track record of successfully preparing graduates for over 70 years. Through hands-on, student-centered learning experiences, coupled with individualized support, Bryan students graduate with practical, productive skills that lead directly to high-demand professional careers. Unlike traditional institutions, Bryan also offers job placement assistance and lifetime refresher courses to ensure its graduates remain competitive for many years to come. Bryan enjoys a position within the higher education spectrum that is unique, respected, enviable and worthy of emulation.
Seize the opportunities in this growing industry.
With an estimated 71,200 job openings through the year 2024, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to choose a career path, such as:
- Certified Medical Biller and Coder – assign codes to patient records using ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codebooks for different diagnoses and medical procedures for in-patient and out-patient settings.
- Medical Office Administrator – responsible to keep the healthcare organization running smoothly and efficiently by directing and coordinating operations.
- Medical Records Technician – work to organize, monitor, update and maintain healthcare providers’ electronic medical records.
- Medical Secretary – maintain medical records, charts, correspondence, case history, reports, and insurance documents, among other duties.
- Insurance Claims Analyst – review insurance policy to determine coverage, prepare insurance claim forms, calculate claim amounts, and transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
Preparing now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
Diverse Work Settings
With a degree in Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records, gain the skills to be job-ready. Find yourself working with healthcare organizations such as:
- Ambulatory Care Settings
- Physician Offices
- Health Information Vendors
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Insurance Companies
- Behavioral Health Settings
- College Health Settings
At Bryan University, we give you a clear pathway, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.
- Associate Degree in Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records