The task of small business managers is to make important business decisions and embrace new business challenges and problems every day. A small business manager has to undertake a diverse range of activities like supervising, budgeting, marketing and organizing. Hence, a candidate desiring to become a small business manager must have the ability to handle pressure, multitask, solve problems with a cool head and lead a number of subordinates.
These skills can be learned through an online training course on small business management. Such a course not only teach students the vital, proven techniques for developing a professional business plan, but also train them for avoiding common entrepreneur mistakes. A student must seek an Associate’s, Bachelors or Master’s degree in business management before he can hit upon fair employment prospects within a short pace of time.
A Bachelor’s degree in business management includes coursework in managing people, solving problems, social ethics in the workplace, international business ethics and general psychology. Students can pick up the administrative skills required for a managerial position from elective courses like business finance, principles of marketing, computer technology and business communication.
A trained small business manager may have to fulfill leadership and supervisory functions with a group of staff. Employers would look for qualities like finding out marketing and advertising opportunities for the business, undertaking budget planning, developing goals and implementing the right business strategies for the company.
Because of their highly responsible position, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that an average small business manager earns a mean salary between $47,280 and $142,030.
Featured Business Administration Programs
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration: Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration: Finance
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration: Human Resources
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration: Intl. Business
- Master of Business Administration: Information Security Management